A Comprehensive Guide To Mobile Home Ceiling Replacement Panels
Mobile homes are becoming increasingly popular these days mainly because they are efficient, economical and comfortable. These homes are basically designed and constructed in the factory and then transported to the site in a trailer and assembled. Mobile homes implement the use of panels for ceilings which can be replaced easily in case of damage. The task of mobile home ceiling replacement panels is quite an intimidating and daunting one. Hence it is best to get it done by experienced professionals. You can procure these panels from the mobile home supply stores that sell these replacement ceiling panels. However if the mobile home ceiling panel is damaged you need not replace the entire ceiling. It is enough if you replace the damaged ceiling alone.
The different options for mobile home ceiling panels:
There are a multitude of mobile home ceiling panels available based on the color, thickness, style and size. The different types of mobile home ceiling replacement panels available today are the fiber board, textured gypsum wallboard, suspended ceiling and the Styrofoam ceilings.
1. Fiber board ceiling is quite difficult to replace in mobile homes as the manufacturers generally implement very large sized panels in constructing the ceiling. This makes it tough for the homeowner to locate and buy. Hence the ones that are closest in matching to these panels are bought and incorporated with the existing ceilings.
2. Textured gypsum wallboard: These wallboards are basically of superior grade and are a bit costly too. Replacement of this type of ceiling is also an upheaval task because of the large size of the panels and the difficulty encountered in matching the texture. Hence the best option is to incorporate panel that matches the closest in texture and then paint the ceiling to mask the disparities.
3. Suspended ceiling: This type of ceiling is also called as drop ceiling. They are generally of two types - concealed suspended ceiling and exposed suspended ceiling. Suspended ceiling is the perfect option when you cannot locate the closest match for your fiber board or gypsum wallboard ceiling. The greatest benefit of this type of ceiling is that it can be easily repaired and replaced as they are available in small sized panels.
4. Styrofoam ceilings: This type of ceiling is also much in vogue today because they assure ease of installation and affordability. They are also light-weight in nature and afford a stylish look to your homes.
Choose the best ceiling replacement panel taking into consideration the current panel implemented and the size and thickness of the panel needed. You can also seek for professional help who will help you in selecting the right ceiling replacement panels to perfectly fit the requirements of your mobile home.
Tips to choose the right replacement ceiling panel for your mobile homes:
1. The ceiling panels installed in the mobile homes are basically four feet wide and run the full width of the your mobile homes. Usually it is difficult to locate a panel of this length and even if you happen to buy one it will be difficult for you to handle and fix it up. If in case the entire ceiling is damaged replace it by implementing two-eight foot panels cut perfectly to fit your individual needs and requirements. It is better to get professional help as it will be difficult to replace it all by yourself.
2. Matching the panel in conformity with the texture and thickness should be the major consideration. Even if the color does not match properly it can be covered up with a perfect coat of paint.
3. Make sure to match the batten strips that cover up the joints between the panels.
4. If in case the damage to the ceiling panel was due to water then make sure that the insulation is completely dried out before your proceed with the replacement work.
5. The ends of the ceiling walls are usually installed and fitted between the sidewalls of the roof. All you have to do is cut the ceiling panels at the wall edge. Molding strips that are painted or stained can be incorporated to provide support to the newly installed ceiling panels and to cover up the edges.
Mobile homes usually implement the use of panels that are attached to the ceilings. If these panels are damaged, broken or discolored they can be repaired or replaced easily either on your won or by seeking professional help. Once the replacement of mobile home ceiling panel is over it is best to paint the entire mobile home ceiling. This ensures that the replaced ceiling panel blends well with the existing panels to assure a uniform and consistent look.
Hazelwood, Mount Vernon, North Dakota, Minnesota, Shelbyville, McAllen, Greenwood, Morgan City, Kansas, West Allis, Clovis, Renton, San Juan, Atascadero, Clearlake, Orland Park, Johnson City, Grand Island, Muscle Shoals, Brook Park, Joplin, Georgetown, Forest Park, Madison Heights, Roswell, Albertville, El Paso, Riverview, Montana, Wisconsin, Darien, Opelika, South Euclid, Ham Lake, Des Moines, Edinburg, Saratoga Springs, Fresno, Davie, Atlantic Beach, Creve Coeur, Gillette, Pennsylvania, Minnetonka, Marathon, Mississippi, Victorville, Perry, Kissimmee, Okmulgee, Cleveland, Bountiful, Madison, Gilroy, Central Falls, Blythe, Newton, New Mexico, Florham Park, Huber Heights, Franklin, Wood Dale, Kent, Mexico, Maine, Oneida, Holyoke, Stockbridge, Calumet City, Manitowoc, Tracy, South Carolina, Clinton, Smyrna, Rocky River, Farmington, Martinsville, Calabasas, Hanover